Don't mess with this mummy.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Halloween Caught on Quick

So she had her first real Halloween, old enough to understand the concept and want the candy.  She was a little angry at the costume when I first out it on (a super cute zebra, btw) and she was screaming till she got out the door.  It had snowed the day befroe so there was snow on the ground, and MAN it was COLD.  So she agreed to put up the hood of her costume which would keep her ears warm, even more cute.


I had to put her onto the first front door to get the candy, and at that point she refused to hold her bucket, so I was holding it, and I had to say "merci" because we were in Gatineau at a friends house, but once she saw she got candy she was all in.  She then started started running to the next house, holding the bucket, and pulling me along.  Daddy just happened to show up just then so she wanted daddy to hold her hand, she is a daddy's girl can you tell?  So she and daddy ran from house to house, and about 2 houses in she started yelling "CANDY!", so that was funny beyond belief.


She also started saying "allo!"(french pronunciation, of course) at every house knowing they would say it back.  Then about halfway she started saying "thanks merci", which I was so proud of, my little bilingual child....   That quickly degraded to "thanks much" which again made me laugh even harder because every single house started laughing too when she said it.

We did one block and a couple extra houses, and she was cold and tired, she also got poked in the eye with an inflatable wing, which did not go over well.  I would have yelled at the kid who did it but it was daddy who was with her at the time, so I didn't get to.

Oh and one last thing, her bucket was small so we brought a pillowcase for transferring to.  So the first transfer I emptied all of it, and I gave her back the bucket and she saw that it was empty, and she started yelling "chips mummy chips!", the one thing she noticed that the bag of chips was gone, so  I had to put back the bag of chips so she would stop yelling in the middle of the road.  She is so funny and precious, she almost makes up for her terrible two's...almost. 

All in all Halloween was a hit, can't wait till Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment