Don't mess with this mummy.

Monday, October 25, 2010

Okay so I am a horrible mother

I went to church yesterday, which I should be doing more often but monkey has been a terror in church lately, which makes it hard to justify going.  That being said I had planned to go with a couple we are friends with and they were there to pick up the fish in the the couryard pond, like they do every winter, then they return them in the spring.

Funnily enough in an off shoot of the the story they returned the 3 fish last spring and now there were 9-10 of them, they were getting busy aparently.

So after church we all went down to the pond to catch the fish and bring them back to their house, then have a nice lunch.  Monkey decided to run around the sundial in the courtyard, which was fine till she saw the fish in the pond, and she loves fish.  She came to the edge of the pond to look, and then no one knows what happened, until we all noticed she fell in the pond, bare legs and all.  It was not a deep pond, like maybe 3-4 inches and her head never even hit the water, but man was she mad and COLD.  So we immediately got her out and got her out of her wet clothes and wrapped in our jackets and sweaters.

The part that makes me a bad mom is the fact that I could not stop laughing, it was just so funny to me.  The couple who are also expecting a child in March had to laugh too, she is a graduate of the child care program at CEGEP and loves children, but she was laughing too.  I did have some dry clothes for her in the car, not a dry diaper, but clothes are a good first step.  So I feel horrible for laughing,and it still makes me chuckle now.   I am a horrible mother, can you forgive me?

2 comments:

  1. You are not a horrible mother! You got her some dry clothes, right? I'm always laughing at, no, I mean with...no, I meant at my children. They laugh at me, too. As long as we're all laughing, right? :)

    Thanks for your funny comment on my toilet paper post over at Scary Mommy's site! I'm glad I'm not the only one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is FUNNY! I could see her little wet self with her face all pouted up because she was MAD! You're not a bad mother. The fact that you laughed proves you're a GOOD mother -- you have a sense of humor which is VERY necessary with kids! Thank you for the giggle.

    ReplyDelete