Don't mess with this mummy.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

We got shat on.

So, hubby got fired, or laid off as he likes to insist I say.  They gave him sevrence but he got fucked there too, as they gyped him out of a week of pay, and put all of his pay on one cheque so they took off 1300 dollars worth of taxes.  We really could have used that money.  He has been job searching and has had some really promising, great interviews but nothing has come from them...yet.  Fingers crossed here.

Bright lining here though, we finally are spending time together as a family, something that hasn't happened in a long time.  I get to see him whenever I want, and small fry gets some quality time and has become a real daddy's girl, which is fine with me as I have been the 24-hour parent for over a year now.  Another big great thing is that small fry is almost potty trained!!  Hooray!!  Only took her to 3 1/2 to figure it out, and not scream like we are killing her every time she sits on the potty.  Hubby and I are so proud of her, as she really has taken to it really well and it seems to finally have clicked.  So she will be able to go to JK in the fall, which means I can actually work too, wahoo!  I am on my last course before I am done my program, and then I have a 10 day practical, then I am fully employable as a Sterile supply technician.  I am itching to be done, this 2 nights a week away and all the class work is really hard to do with a preschooler.

But mostly we need money coming in, already hit the food bank, and are ready to jump ship and give up, but with small fry we have to hang in there.  Ugh, wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. It's great to see you seeing the silver lining in the clouds. You've been through some rough times, and I still say prayers for you, but it is really nice to "see" the smile in your words.

    Just keep hanging in there. It will get better. And hang onto that smile. It's really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete