Don't mess with this mummy.

Monday, December 20, 2010

Five days-a life sentence?

I received a door bell ring this morning, which I was hoping was a long lost friend who had said they would stop by, but it was the postman with a package.  I was initially excited thinking "I wonder what this is, I hope it's something unexpected", then i realized I was expecting a package from my sister-in-law and her partner, so I wasn't so excited, but they were sending gifts anyway so it was cool.
I preceded to remove the packing paper on the outside, being sure to keep their address intact because we had to send them their presents too.  I preceded to take out the presents carefully as to not rip the paper.  I knew that if I made too much sound the little one would be alerted to the presencee of presents inthe house.  We are hiding them in an unused bedroom downstairs, where she can't get into it.  Guess where little on was playing?  Downstairs.  So I had to try and sneak by her with the two presents, I figured it wouldn't be too hard, I mean she was immersed in playing with her toys.  I sneaked down the stairs and just a few steps by her when she screamed "PRESENTS!!!"

I will take a side note here to say that we don't place them under the tree with care because we know that she will tear open every present with no regard for anyone or anything, no matter what we do she will get to them unless we put them away, so we did.  We also realized that if they suddenly appear on Christmas morning, it will really be the whole magic of Santa and Christmas.  She is two so this is really the first time she gets the Santa thing and the presents too.

So after the screaming and me refusing to let her rip it open and me putting it away in hiding with the others, she preceded to cry an pout in her little cardboard box house, and refused to listen to me about the fact that she could open it in 5 days.  She continued to cry and yell, she wouldn't listen to reason.  She knows what the concept of tommorow is, and she will make sure you remebered what you said you'd do that day.  It's just any longer than that is just horrfying to her.

So my question is:  Do you remember a time when five days was a life sentence?  How fast does five days go by now?

No comments:

Post a Comment